Cosmopolitans (the cocktail) contain:
– Cointreau (or Triple Sec)
– Lime Juice (sometimes)
and which of the following?
a) Cranberry Juice
b) Clamato Juice
If you answered a) give yourself a pat on the back. If you answered b), you're our stupid fucking bartender from last night.
Well, happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.
It's pretty fun working for a company that doesn't care sometimes. I just finished drinking my lunch in an Irish Pub downtown. It was authentic-ish, including:
– Good deals on Irish beer (I managed to avoid paying for any drinks at all),
– Green beer for the idiots who think that green food dye makes Bud and Molson an Irish beer
– Cute waitresses doing riverdance-style stomping and clomping and trying to seem Irish, and
– That wacky Irish/Engling tradition of baking meat in pie. So tasty.
So, having toasted St. Patrick with Guinness and Harp and cursed the snakes several times, I think I've paid my respects. The rest of the evening is generally composed of people from the 'Green Food Dye' school of St. Paddy's day drinking storming the pubs. It's just so much more Irish to stay home with a bottle of whiskey.