Dateline: Edmonton (Part III)
After the massive rant about the Restaurant of Doom, I'll keep the summary of the remainder of the weekend short. Highlights only!
- They need a high-speed train to Edmonton. The things that make it a boring drive (flat, straight, little settlement) would make it ideal for an Albertan TGV.
- We saw a rather underwhelming Chinese New Year celebration at The Mall. I mean, it looked authentic and everything but we were all disappointed at the lack of fireworks and Dragon Dancers.
- We played glow-in-the-dark miniature golf, which isn't as exciting as it should be. Ben may be the Tiger Woods of mini-putt. We are waiting for his opinion on female membership at the Augusta Golf Course.
- White Cowbell Oklahoma played at a local bar and were pretty good (though their rock to guitar ratio was a bit low). Warning: They are not from Oklahoma.
- Edmonton is really stoked about being the provincial capital. There are billboards announcing it everywhere. It's like a kid who wins a blue ribbon at one of those silly Sports Days in elementary and then wears it to school for the next month.
- Tim lives in a pretty sweet part of town. He's got a nice, big place with what amounts to several malls worth of shopping and foodstuffs right outside his door. That, and a Safeway.
- I can't believe Warren ate the whole thing.
That's the last Edmonton entry. I promise.Posted by savidant at February 04, 2003 11:55 AM